- Receive Financial Aid Work Study for 2016-2017
- Fingerprint Background Check
- Valid TB Test
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Tutors are required to attend an initial Orientation, and all monthly training meetings (1st Saturday of every month).
- Tutors work directly with kindergarten through sixth grade students to improve their reading and math proficiency skills.
- Tutors perform one-on-one work with individual students, small group work, or class activities.
- Tutors will collaborate with America Reads/Counts supervisors, teachers, and after school program coordinators to assess students needs and how to best address them.
- Tutors are expected to be positive role models inside and outside of the classroom, be professional in their work place behavior, this means showing up to work on time and making the proper contacts when they expect to be sick or late.
- Tutors must commit to work consistent hours throughout the quarter.
Tutor schedules are set at the beginning of each quarter (Fall, Winter, Spring). Schedules are flexible, working around students availability. The best times for teachers to have tutors are early in the day 8:00-11:30, or the end of the day 1-3pm. After school availability from 3:00 – 6:00 is beneficial. Tutors may not work more than 18 hours per week, in accordance with Associated Student policy. Once a tutors workstudy funds have been exhausted tutor employment will end immediately.